A few years ago on Valentine’s Day, the Sandusky Register ran an article titled, “Kids Views on Love”. They asked grade school kids in the area different questions about relationships and love, all the smushy-wushy stuff that makes grown ups smile, but kids crunch their nose in disgust. The article was so adorable I cut it out, laminated it & it’s currently a bookmark in my bible.
For this blog I decided to do a similar interview with my nieces. Although, I didn’t ask them their views on love entirely, some of their answers were just as adorable. Haylie is 8 & in third grade, Alexis is 7 & in second grade.
Hope it brings a smile to your face.
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Haylie: A doctor because you make a lot of money.
Alexis: A singer because I like singing and making people smile.
2. How should a husband act?
Haylie: He should be nice.
Alexis: He can’t be ugly & mean.
3. If you could be any animal what would you be?
Haylie: A dog because you get to play & sleep all day.
Alexis: A guinea pig because they’re cute & soft.
4. What’s the hardest thing about being a kid?
Haylie: Doing the dishes & cleaning my room.
Alexis: Cleaning my room.
5. What do you think is hard about being an adult?
Haylie: You have to take care of the dogs & pay for everything.
6. What do you think the word “Love” means?
Haylie: You like someone & being around them makes you happy.
Alexis: They make you happy & you smile a lot.
7. What are you afraid of?
Alexis: My closet & under my bed because of the spiders.
8. If you could change one thing about the world what would you change?
Haylie: I’d be the president & make everybody be nice to each other.
Alexis: I would turn people into ice cream because ice cream is good.
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Haylie: I’d take stuff to the people on the other side of the world.
Alexis: Cedar Point & I’d ride the Iron Dragon
10. What’s one thing you want to do in your life?
Haylie: Visit Antarctica and see the polar bears, penguins, & whales.
Alexis: Go to Disney World & have a pool.