Okay, I know I’ve been terribly lazy about posting my One Thousand Gifts. I’d love more than anything to fill you with all these excuses about how I’ve been super busy with work, my family…life. But the truth is I’ve just been…lazy. I started off writing 3 “gifts” a day & that’s dwindled to one a day..one every other day…one every week & so on.
So, my weeks are lumped together so it looks more filled than what it actually is. (again….lazy!). And I’m making a conscious effort to start this week (my “gifts” weeks run from Wed-Wed) to get back in the habit of 3 a day…well, maybe one a day!
“Think Happy. Be Happy!”
One Thousand Gifts: Weeks 4-7
62. How beautiful the sky looks as the sun’s peeking through snow clouds. Especially because the sun shining on an Ohio winter day is a rarity!
63. when I get the opportunity to see a situation through a perspective other than my own.
64. a check lost in the mail was recovered & deposited (doubly thankful that multiple checks wrote for bills were not cashed & nothing bounced!)
65. women who remind me to, “live in the present” when I find myself thinking of past memories
66. Aunt Gloria & the struggles she overcame during her lifetime. She will be missed.
67. after another visit to the hospital that resulted in a few days stay, my dad is home from the hospital again & mending (again!). Subsequently, my Grandma is home & mending from her heart-attack (that happened the same time my dad was in the hospital). Been a rough February!
68. the right to (occasionally) have myself a temper-tantrum, pity party, & “feeling sorry for myself” night.
69. an afternoon spent with my nieces & how excited they get when they’re allowed to spend the night with me. Although, I think a swim party & my dog had more to do with their excitement than an evening spent with their aunt
70. nighttime hikes on starry, clear, winter nights! *my favorite time of year to get a good hike in*
71. “There’s no difference between us when it comes to the Lord”-words by Pastor Jim, followed by an “Amen” said by a handicapped, disabled gentleman in a wheelchair at a Sunday morning church service. What a lesson!
72. the fact that my cat, Sundae, sleeps at the foot of my bed every night. Snoring away!
74. Being a girl & it being perfectly acceptable to spend 2 hours in the bathroom playing with my hair, doing my nails, plucking my eyebrows, waxing/shaving, experimenting with makeup, exfoliating & moisturizing
76. powerful church services where you know God is moving, answering, & grace is overflowing
77. living within minutes of great hiking spots & a love for being outdoors
78. my mom telling me, “your dog is so attached to you”. Makes me smile because I know trust is an issue for him & we’ve been working on trying to overcome.